Thursday our teams met at RCOE to work towards and agreement.
We discussed the duty free lunch and there will be no change the language at this time. We did however state that duty free lunch is in the contract and if you are not able to receive your duty free lunch please email your admin and cc the union rep in your area so we can identify consistent problems and work together to reach a safe solution.
We finalized a tentative agreement on XXI from our previous session.
We worked on D1 and D2 language and have some tentative agreements in this area and came to agreement on Leave language. So there was some positive movement from the teams.
Salary and benefits are two areas we discussed at length, and as of yet have not been able to come to any agreement.
We are also being offered $2000 towards the medical insurance for the group of Migrant teachers who work 123contract with 8-hour days without medical coverage under the current contract. It would go towards their family care act medical plan, which has a minimum payment of about $6400 for single person. They
Would be responsible to pay the difference. Now many are paying the fines because they cannot afford to pay insurance on their present wages.
RCOTA had been bargaining for 10% increase for 16/17 and 10% for 17/18 in an attempt to make our salaries near median to that of the districts in Riverside County. Currently the RCSS continues to offer the following. 5% increase to base salary for all Bargaining Unit members effective July 1. 2016 as well as stipends for near desert teachers (PSUDS CVUSD and DSUSD) 3% and far desert teachers (Palo Verde USD and Desert Center USD )7% of base salary
MOU’s for VI/DHH teachers are being offered 5% over base salary stipend for 16-17 and 5% for 17- 18 year totaling 10% increase over base salary within the next two years. There is also an offer of $2000 signing bonus to attract new teachers to this hard to fill position.
The Speech and Language folks are also being offered the 20% above the corresponding unit member salary schedule 200 or its successors. Effective July 1, 2016 the new hires are also being offered a $2500 one time signing bonus. This has been the MOU in effect for the past two years and the MOU is expiring June 30, 2016.
As you can see we are far apart in our expectations so we have scheduled to meet one more time on June 10th. If there is no agreement at that time we would may go to impasse.
The impasse process brings in an unbiased outside mediator who will review the offers and help to resolve the Bargaining issues. To better understand impasse and what it means go to the federal labor relations authority at FLRA.gov
Please watch your RCOE email for a monkey survey with questions on different issues and priorities so we may better represent all our constituents.
Thank you for your continued support.